Inclusion & diversity policy
Beazley commits to recruit, retain and develop people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to thrive at all levels of our business, in a truly inclusive environment that operates zero tolerance to discrimination or harassment and fully supports and celebrates differences. These differences could include but is not limited to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy & maternity, race, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious beliefs, sexuality, socio-economic group or working pattern.
We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our customers and communities where we work around the world however we know that simply aspiring to have a diverse workforce is not enough. We will set measurable targets at an organisational level and clear objectives at an individual level as we work to become a truly diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone is able to contribute their best work and develop fully. For more information on our current targets and progress against them, please visit our website.
Beazley will continue to:
- Have leadership and sponsorship of our inclusion and diversity commitments at the most senior levels of our organisation
- Work to embed inclusion and diversity within the organisation, ensuring all employees have the tools, training and understanding to be able to fully comply with this policy
- Ensure all employees are able to work with dignity and respect free from harassment, bullying or victimisation
- Support our employee-led resource groups encouraging them to continue to raise awareness and contribute to our strategy and policy changes
- Nurture, support, mentor and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds across
all areas of the business and encourage them to grow into senior positions within our organisation
- Regularly review our employment policies and practices. We expect our people to respect and embrace them and work with us to further enhance our commitments
- Ensure all employees receive equality of opportunity in recruitment, training, development, promotion and remuneration
- Recognise that individuals will need bespoke support where an overarching policy may not exist. In this case, we commit to working with the individual, applying our flexible working practices and support to find a solution best suiting the individual.
This policy supports the relevant International Labour Organisation conventions including
but not limited to the Equal Remuneration Convention and the Discrimination Convention.
Further information on our approach to equal opportunities, employee rights and recruitment can be found in our employee handbooks. This policy is approved by Beazley’s Remuneration Committee, is reviewed annually and is further supported by our diversity strategy and roadmap.
Chief Executive Officer