Search Results

Sorry we couldn't find any results for you.

To find more of our people, please search using the ‘People’ option at the top.

    Loading search results

    Skip to Content

    Q. How do I know whether a state requires an agency-level license?
    A. Click here for access to a chart showing Corporate License Requirements by state for admitted and surplus lines business.

    Q. What capital or size thresholds do you have for approval?
    A. We treat each broker on its merits and review the financial standing in conjunction with the type, value and volume of business to be traded.

    Q. How does an insured gain access to Beazley products?
    A. Through a licensed insurance agent/broker.

    Q. Where can I go to find information on Surplus Lines insurance in a particular state?
    A. Visit

    Q. Where can I go to find Surplus Lines tax rates in a particular state?
    A. Visit

    Q. Does every state have an Approved Surplus Lines Insurer list, aka “white list”?
    A. Many states do maintain a list. States that do not publish a list typically have requirements set forth that it is the surplus lines broker’s responsibility to ascertain the financial condition of the company. To see if a particular state has a published white list visit

    The Excess and Surplus Lines Laws In The United States (PDF) is provided by:

    Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP
    750 Lexington Avenue
    New York, NY 10022
    Phone: 212-308-4411
    Web site:

    If you would like future updates to this publication, or have any inquiries concerning this publication, please contact John Dearie at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP. His email address is