Construction contractors have distinct professional liability requirements. That is why Beazley has utilised over three decades of experience in insuring some of the world’s very largest and most complex construction risks to tailor ‘ContractorPro’ to meet their needs.
ContractorPro is Beazley’s CPPI product designed to meet the unique professional liability and contractors pollution liability requirements of the North American construction industry.
- Third party liability coverage:
- Arising from liabilities incurred as a result of professional activities undertaken by either a member of the contractor's own design team or by a sub-contractor appointed by the contractor.
- For pollution conditions caused by the contractor or by a sub-contractor appointed by the contractor. This extends to transportation pollution liability and non-owned disposal site pollution liability.
- Arising from technology or advertising acts.
- First party indemnity coverage for costs incurred prior to handover of a project in rectifying defects arising out of professional services by the contractor or it's sub-contractor.
- Emergency cleanup costs.
- Protective coverage for the contractor in the event that a liability caused by a negligent act, error or emission on the part of the contractor's sub-contractor is not covered by, or is greater in value than, the limit of the sub-contractors' own professional liability insurance.
- Protective coverage for contractors in the event that a liability arising from a pollution event caused by a sub-contractor is not covered by, or is greater than, the limit of the sub-contractor's own pollution liability insurance.
- Supplementary payments coverage with USD25,000 aggregate limit for:
- Defendants reimbursement
- Disciplinary/regulatory/administrative actions reimbursement
- Reputation management reimbursement
- Bankruptcy of a design professional or contractor
- Subpoena expenses.
- Non admitted coverage benefitting from the Lloyd's chain of security.
- Continuous coverage where the contractor renews with Beazley.
- Pollution coverage extends to liability for transportation and non-owned disposal sites.
- Clear policy wordings to explain the triggers for the cover, including:
- The unavailability of the underlying policy through the breach of a policy condition
- The erosion, partial or complete, of the underlying policy through unrelated claims
- Situations where the underlying policy has not been maintained.
- Buyback for asbestos/lead based paint.
- Third party liability for mold can be endorsed onto the policy by request.
- Automatic extended reporting period when required.
- Optional named insured location pollution liability.
- Coverage flexibility. Manuscript endorsements to tailor forms for individual clients.
Appetite and target market
- We seek to develop long term partnerships with clients that are experienced and sophisticated contractors.
- Annually renewable 'practice' policies covering all development work.
- Primary and excess layer participation.
- Broad underwriting appetite. We look to insure contractors engaged in the following sector types; civil engineering; infrastructure; general construction, interior design and refurbishment; MEP engineering; power generation and distribution; oil, gas and petrochemicals; resources; manufacturing, telecommunications. We seek to avoid specialist subcontractors working in the fields of soils, piling and building envelope systems.
- Various project types including design build design-bid-build and integrated project delivery.
- All types of professional exposure. Both for work undertaken in house and by sub-contractors.
- Guideline minimum turnovers for this product are USD100m although we specifically target larger contractors with turnovers in excess of USD250m up to the very largest construction firms.
- We also have an appetite to write contractors on other forms; architects and engineers and design build forms.
Principally North American domiciled risks undertaking projects domestically and overseas. We have an appetite to write professional liability for contractors located elsewhere using a design build form.
Annually renewable 'practice policy' coverage.
Up to USD25m