|Gross premiums underwritten in 2016||$2,195.6m|
|Syndicates 2623/623 A.M. Best Rating||A (Excellent)|
|Syndicates 3622 & 3623 A.M. Best Rating||A (Excellent)|
|Beazley Insurance Company, Inc. A.M. Best rating||A (Excellent)|
|Lloyd's Standard & Poor's rating||A+ (Strong)|
- Beazley was founded in 1986 by Andrew Beazley and Nicholas Furlonge
- Beazley has consistently returned a profit in every closed year of account since inception in 1986
- Beazley (BEZ.L) is a publicly quoted company on the London Stock Exchange having initially floated in November 2002
- Beazley employs 1,200 staff worldwide (as at December 2016)
- In 2016 Beazley made a pre-tax profit of $293.2m
- Beazley's managed syndicates are among the leading syndicates at Lloyd's and are backed - like all syndicates - by the Lloyd's chain of security. Lloyd's is rated A+ (strong) by Standard & Poor's and A (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- Beazley began underwriting business locally in the United States in 2005 and, in 2016, wrote gross premiums of $696m (32% of total group premiums) through its US operations.
- Syndicate 3623 was established in 2008 to underwrite personal accident business and insure sports business through its leadership of consortium 9476
- Syndicate 3622 is a dedicated life assurance syndicate, and has been underwriting business from 2009
- Authorisation from the Central Bank of Ireland in 2017 to convert Dublin-based reinsurance company, Beazley Re dac, into an insurance company permitted to transact business throughout the European Union. The company is renamed Beazley Insurance dac
- Syndicate 6107 was established in 2010 to write reinsurance business backed by names' capital.