What we offer
Pillars of cover available on distinct product forms:
BioSecure – A flexible, innovative and client-focused approach to underwriting life science related risks. Coverages include errors & omissions liability, products/completed operations, healthcare professional liability, general liability, medical payments and medical monitoring expense coverage for both clinical trials and sold products.
NutraGuard – Drawing on extensive experience, Beazley is proactive in helping our nutraceutical insureds protect their operations worldwide. Coverage available primary and umbrella, products/completed operations, general liability, advertising/personal injury, employee benefits liability, fire legal liability, medical expenses, professional liability, errors & omissions and product recall expense. Our broad appetite of risks includes dietary supplements, personal care products, cosmetics, select over-the-counter drugs.
Canada coverage highlights:
- Canadian or U.S. limits
- Coverage for bodily injury and property damage
- Full clinical trials coverage, including medical malpractice and Errors & Omissions
- Separate sublimits for product tampering, radioactive contamination and bio-contamination coverages
- Key man insurance
- ERP option available
- Also Available: Contract Research Organization (CRO) professional liability. Most Life Sciences companies hire CRO’s to conduct clinical trials on their behalf. CROs face not only a vicarious product liability exposure, but also malpractice (failure to follow the manufacturer’s directions, or protocol, causing injury) and/or errors and omissions exposures (improper filing of the results, resulting in rejection or delay in drug approval, causing financial loss). We understand the unique risks that these CROs face and have developed a specialized CRO professional liability policy that gives them the financial loss protection they need in addition to medical malpractice coverage.
Up to US $25,000,000
How can we help
Life sciences risks present myriad exposures in need of expertly crafted coverage. Beazley offers a flexible, innovative and client-focused approach to underwriting this class of risk. In addition our dedicated healthcare claims team offers responsive claims handling to meet the needs of Insureds. We should mention how we have dedicated Wordings Specialist in order to tailor make coverage to that specific insured.
Who we can help
A wide range of life sciences organizations within the middle to large-sized market up to US $25,000,000 in capacity.
- Blood and tissue banks
- Nutraceuticals/Dietary supplements
- Medical devices
- Contract research organizations
- Contract manufacturing organizations
- Site management organizations
- Academic research Institutions
- Wholesale and retail distribution
- Sponsors of human clinical trials
- Lab/Diagnostic services.
Where Is This Offered?
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
- Product liability claim for failing to include the adequate warnings, causing fire and burns.
- Insured medical device representative is alleged to have provided insufficient information to a patient regarding known potential complications.
- Insured is sued based on allegations that their product was not properly tested for genetic conditions resulting in genetic illness.