What we offer
This product provides a triple defence mechanism of preventative mitigation services, traditional asset indemnity and immediate response services to incidents. Strengthening defences and preventing vessels becoming targets is at the heart of Beazley’s cyber defence for superyachts cover.
Our comprehensive risk assessment helps to identify and mitigate potential gaps in security that could leave new policyholders vulnerable. In the unfortunate event of a cyber breach, the cover will provide immediate response services accessible to policyholders via a 24 hour claims hotline. Response services will be tailored to the incident and where a yacht is rendered unsafe or unfit for use, a temporary vessel and emergency accommodation is provided to the assured.
- Affirmative service-led product to cover physical or threatened damage of the vessel
- Additional cover for loss of use of vessel and, by endorsement, coverage for extortion
- Defined cyber event peril including malicious and non-malicious events, not including crew negligence
- Service limits for temporary replacement yacht, emergency accommodation, privacy crises response
- Post-bind cyber risk preparation services
- Post-event 24 hour response services including forensic investigation & restitution, public relations expertise and extortion negotiators
- Crew training – courses are in partnership with Warsash Maritime School, part of Solent University
- Limits – USD$25m aggregate policy limit.
How can we help
First class risk prevention
The cover has been designed by Beazley’s experienced underwriting, claims, risk and breach response specialists who have applied decades of experience and deep understanding of marine and cyber risk to build a policy that protects the vessels and their systems from these intangible threats and preserves the privacy, safety and comfort of owners, their guests and crew.
We have selected Cyber Prism to complement Beazley’s comprehensive insurance cover and provide the inbuilt risk preparation services that will assist in advancing security and giving assurance that owners and managers are aligning with IMO 2021 guidelines.
- Preparation services for policyholders can include:
- Advice on establishing the OT & IT Critical Assets Register
- Survey OT & IT systems for vulnerabilities
- Review the cyber incident response plan
- Review cyber policy documents
- Review access controls and data security
- Conduct crew briefing/training session
- Produce cyber plan identifying and prioritising future requirements
- Cyber intelligence threat scan
Cyber Defence for Superyachts can be combined with other Beazley cyber products to provide holistic insurance cover for the range of risks that yachts and their owners may face today leaving no risk of unforeseen gaps in cover.
Demonstrating risk management
Vessel owners and managers must now demonstrate robust risk management by following cyber risk management guidelines introduced by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) on 1st January 2021. The IMO has considerably increased the responsibility of all vessel owners to understand, assess, and manage cyber risk to support safe and secure shipping which is operationally resilient.
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
- Malware leads to physical damage to the hull of the vessel and bridge systems while in open water
- Ransomware corrupts the navigational systems and threatens physical damage to the hull while in port, thus causing departure delays
- Hackers gain access to the vessel and request a ransom demand for release of the vessel
- Malware to a third party device connected to the vessel AV system leads to an outage
- Malware to the hotel services causes internal damage and corrupts the pressure valve system
- Malware leads to a sprinkler system malfunction and damage to the vessel