What we offer
- Covered location pollution liability - new and existing pollution conditions (bodily injury, property damage, cleanup costs, natural resource damage, claim expenses with first party discovery and/or third party coverage trigger)
- Transportation pollution liability (coverage for third party carriers and insured as carrier, and includes coverage for inbound and outbound waste, materials, goods or products)
- Non-owned disposal site pollution liability (blanket locations, both onsite and offsite coverage)
- Coverage for known pollution conditions disclosed in the application, subject to underwriting
- Coverage for pass-through contamination migrating to and/or through a covered location from an offsite source
- Defendants' reimbursement extension - up to $500 per day, subject to a maximum of $10,000 per claim
- Reputation management reimbursement - up to 50% of $100,000 to assist clients in managing their reputational risk after a loss
- Definition of bodily injury includes medical monitoring, mental anguish and emotional distress
- Definition of cleanup costs includes restoration costs and allows for participation in voluntary cleanup programs
- Civil fines and penalties, punitive and exemplary damages where insurable by law
- Definition of pollution condition includes medical infectious and pathological waste, low-level radioactive waste and material, Legionella and microbial matter (i.e., fungus or mold)
- Definition of property damage includes diminished value and natural resource damage
- Coverage for asbestos and lead-based paint in any soil, watercourse/body of water or in groundwater
- Coverage for scheduled, divested locations
- Automatic 90-day extended reporting period (ERP) and right to purchase additional ERP
- Primary coverage
- 90-day notice of cancellation
- Policy assignment with prior written consent
- Option for choice of law
- Pre-claims assistance
- Risk management services
Beazley will consider risks ranging in size from single-site habitational, commercial and retail locations to scheduled portfolios of industrial, treatment/storage/disposal (TSD) and petroleum bulk storage facility locations.
Up to $40,000,000
How can we help
Beazley ECLIPSE®, in its base form, provides comprehensive coverage developed to help you mitigate damages and loss resulting from claims for bodily injury, property damage, cleanup and the destruction of natural resources due to pollution conditions on, at, under or migrating from a covered location.
Who we can help
Risks including but not limited to owners, operators, developers, lenders of risks including but not limited to brownfields, habitational, commercial, retail, agricultural, golf courses/resorts/recreation, warehousing and distribution, educational, healthcare, landfills, recycling, TSDs, transportation, rail yards, manufacturing, industrial, storage tanks, chemical, municipalities, Department of Defense and Department of Energy.
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
Claim for extensive soil contamination was made against the insured by the project's owner. After remediation was completed, Beazley worked to indemnify the insured for remediation costs incurred and began working with the insured and its other insurers to prosecute recovery actions against the subcontractor responsible for the incident.
Our insured obtained an ECLIPSE® policy prior to commencing redevelopment of a parcel of land. During excavation, the insured encountered lead and petroleum contaminated soil and building materials suspected to be from previous operations and historic fill. Beazley worked with the insured to investigate and remediate the contamination, achieving regulatory closure within approximately eight months.