What we offer
- Third party liability coverage arising from liabilities incurred as a result of professional activities and duties undertaken by either a member of the contractor's own design team or by an entity appointed by the contractor.
- First party cover for the costs of rectifying defects in the construction works arising prior to completion of the project and from professional activities and duties undertaken by the Insured or any entity appointed by the insured.
- Standard coverage extensions
- Asbestos cover to GBP250k
- Criminal Defence Costs coverage to GBP250k
- Employee dishonesty coverage to GBP 250k
- Reputation costs coverage to GBP100k
- Loss of documents coverage to GBP250k.
- Clear and accessible policy language
- Duty to Warn coverage
- Defamation, libel & slander coverage
- Privacy coverage
- Infringement of third party intellectual property coverage.
- Coverage flexibility. Tailored endorsements to tailor forms for individual clients.
- Continuous coverage where the contractor renews with Beazley.
Maximum Line size: USD10m
How can we help
With over 30 years of experience in the architects, engineers and construction sector, the Lloyd’s and London Market team are well armed with reputation for exceptional service, an extensive database of information to track claims trends and a high level of empowerment. Whether your insured is a sole practitioner or one of the ENR 500, our underwriting and claims teams are on hand and able to approach each risk with a high degree of flexibility in order to give clients the best bespoke solutions.
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
Our insured, a general contractor, was retained to construct a school using a design/build delivery system. They entered in to an agreement with a design professional to provide the design for the project. The agreement contained indemnification and hold harmless clauses, releasing them from the design professional. During construction, it was discovered that the design contained an error which resulted in the school being elevated several inches above the existing roadways. The insured made a demand under the indemnification and hold harmless provisions of the www.beazley.com design professional’s contract. Unfortunately, the design professional declared bankruptcy and the insured remained professionally liable to the project owner.
A contractor was retained by a project owner to provide a constructability review of prepared plans and specifications, and to perform a value engineering analysis for construction of a hospital. The contractor determined from the review that the power system was undersized. The contractor recommended changes to the system which the project owner rejected due to cost. The system was undersized causing outages throughout the hospital. The hospital alleged that the contractor was responsible for the lack of power because it had failed to properly warn the owner of the consequences of an under-designed system. The contractor was held to be partially liable for failing to warn the hospital of these issues.