Our highly developed knowledge of the marine sector, together with our lead capability, enables us to provide our clients with comprehensive and competitive risk solutions. We have a strong profile within Lloyd's and have an extremely experienced team of underwriters and claims staff.
Cargo and specie
Beazley has been insuring general cargoes and specie since 2003 both in Singapore and in London. We offer protection for goods while in transit (by land, sea or air) and in store during the ordinary course of transit or long term storage. Particular areas of expertise include the movement of difficult project cargo, oil (both crude and products) and general commodities.
We write a general specie portfolio of fine art, covering private collectors and auction houses, together with museum exhibitions. Very little primary cash in transit exposure is written into the account.
We write a balanced book of business consisting of both standard power plants and desalination plants, together with more technical projects, including one-off shipments. Our account is international and our portfolio includes importers, exporters, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Covering worldwide imports/exports and stock throughputs
- Tailored to each firm's individual risk requirements
- Ability to offer annual/open/facultative policies
- Well designed, easy to understand wording
- Extensions available for exhibitions and demonstrations, sales representative samples and engineers' tools
- Institute and market clauses plus additional clauses offering cover for exposures faced when trading goods internationally.