What we offer
Insurance protection designed by experts for the risks that Life Science organisations face, as they can come in many forms ranging from unsafe products and causing pollution to negligence in clinical trials. The liability on those responsible when things go wrong can be significant and the challenges are growing with an increasingly litigious world, new regulation and greater dependency on technologies.
We have created a broad, flexible policy to meet the current and emerging needs of the sector.
Pillars of cover available:
- Products liability
- Professional indemnity
- Public liability
- Clinical research services – negligent act, error or omission
- Medical malpractice
- Clinical trials – no-fault compensation & legal liability
- Claims made coverage
How can we help
Life sciences risks present a myriad of exposures in need of expertly crafted coverage. Beazley offers a flexible, innovative and client-focused approach to underwriting this class of risk. In addition our dedicated healthcare claims team offers responsive claims handling to meet the needs of Insureds. We should mention how we have dedicated Wordings Specialist in order to tailor make coverage to that specific insured.
Who we can help
A wide range of life sciences organisations within the middle to large-sized market up to US $25,000,000 in capacity.
- Blood and tissue banks
- Nutraceuticals/Dietary supplements
- Medical devices
- Contract research organizations
- Contract manufacturing organizations
- Site management organizations
- Academic research Institutions
- Wholesale and retail distribution
- Sponsors of human clinical trials
- Lab/Diagnostic services.
Where Is This Offered?
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
- Product liability claim for failing to include the adequate warnings, causing fire and burns.
- Insured medical device representative is alleged to have provided insufficient information to a patient regarding known potential complications.
- Insured is sued based on allegations that their product was not properly tested for genetic conditions resulting in genetic illness.