What we offer
A growing area of concern for small businesses in Canada is Employment Practices Liability (EPL). Since 1997, there have been hundreds of cases, many of them with settlements over $50,000. For each case that results in a decision by a court or an administrative tribunal, many more are settled with significant payments by employers. In some cases, senior management faces personal liability for these exposures even if their company is insolvent.
How can we help
EPL coverage has been hard to find unless offered on a Directors and Officers Liability policy and usually with a substantial deductible. Recognizing the needs of smaller companies, we have developed EmPLoyrite™ – an Employment Practices Liability package specifically designed for businesses with up to 500 employees, who understand their EPL exposure but do not wish to purchase D&O insurance.
- Coverage for Canadian and U.S. employees
- Coverage for claims based on discrimination, harassment and unfair dismissal
- Coverage for claims made by employees, former employees or applicants for employment
- Third party coverage available – for claims made by customers
- Coverage for claims based on increased severance payments for unfair dismissal due to an EPL violation
- Coverage for punitive damages and exemplary damages
- Access to a toll-free hotline for human resources, personnel and claims related questions
- Be entitled to receive a Human Resources Handbook template
Available limits of $100,000 to $5,000,000
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Your Beazley Team
Toronto, Canada+1 416-777-6874 Email Eduard Lecker View profile
Toronto, Canada+1 416-777-6887 Email Michael Zador View profile