What we offer
Employee benefits programs such as health plans, pension plans and 401(k) accounts are set up by employers to help their employees protect their financial futures. Unfortunately, if these plans don’t perform the way they are expected to, or when a problem arises in the administration of benefits, the company and the plan fiduciaries may find their own financial futures in jeopardy. Many don’t realize that the individuals responsible for running benefit plans face personal liability in the event of a claim.
- The policy offers comprehensive protection for plan fiduciaries and sponsors and includes these key features:
- Omnibus pension and welfare plan language
- Optional additional defense limit
- Sublimit for IRS and DOL voluntary compliance programs
- 70/30 settlement clause
- Coverage for civil fines assessed under HIPAA up to full policy limit
- Coverage for employees serving as trustees of multi-employer plans at the employer's request
- Free access to BeazleySure, an online risk management platform providing loss prevention on a variety of topics related to employee benefits
- Breach of fiduciary duty under ERISA
- Errors and omissions in the administration of benefits
Up to $10M limit.
How can we help
Beazley understands the exposures inherent in providing employee benefits and we have developed our fiduciary liability policy to provide maximum protection to plan sponsors, fiduciaries and administrators. Policyholders gain the added benefits of BeazleySure and a dedicated claims service.
BeazleySure, an online risk management tool
BeazleySure offers training for plan fiduciaries on ethical issues as well as articles and best practices checklists on ERISA law issues and matters impacting employee benefit plans.
Superior claims service
Many plan sponsors have never had a claim involving their employee benefits and would not know how to handle it. Beazley has a staff of claims professionals experienced in benefits litigation who will work with top ERISA attorneys across the country to resolve claims quickly.
Who we can help
Plan sponsors, fiduciaries and administrators
Where Is This Offered?
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.