What we offer
If you have an unusual healthcare risk, we can likely find a solution. Our cover available on distinct product forms include:
- A modular policy form that allows the Insured to choose a combination of healthcare professional liability, sexual/physical misconduct liability, general liability products
- Completed operations liability, clinical trial liability and E&O (financial loss) coverages
- Excess/umbrella policies including auto, and employer’s liability
- Coverage for employed and contracted physicians
- Separate towers of liability
- Coverage on a 100% or quota-share basis
- Up to US $25,000,000 limit capacity/US $25,000 minimum premium
Virtual Care: A flexible, modular risk protection package for growing digital health businesses that combines Professional Liability, General Liability, Cyber Liability and Technology Products and E&O along with Media Liability.
For your product liability and clinical trial risks, view our Life Sciences offerings.
How can we help
We have been underwriting our Miscellaneous Medical Liability product for over fifteen years and our stability in the market is a reassurance that our team understands the nuances associated with this unique class of business. In addition to providing coverages that are standard in the marketplace for miscellaneous medical professional liability, we create solutions as creative and specialized as our insureds. We provide coverage for some of the most difficult-to-place risks, and we add clarity to the gray area of our clients’ insurance.
Our policies offer some distinct benefits:
- Choice of ‘primary,’ ‘duty to defend’ and ‘pay on behalf of’ coverage for smaller risks that do not have access to the necessary claims handling expertise
- Claims cooperation/indemnification products available for larger risks with either in-house or appointed third party claims handling expertise, and the ability to fund significant self-insured retentions
- Both insurance and captive reinsurance solutions; these can be primary and/or excess follow form (subject to the underlying terms, conditions and carrier).
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
Allegations that laboratory insured provided inconsistent / incorrect laboratory results in patient blood samples.
An insured received a claim involving allegations of sexual assault during services it provided to a customer. The claimant alleged negligent hiring and retention against the insured. The matter was resolved pre-lawsuit for a fraction of demand and avoided defense costs and litigation.
Your Beazley Team
London, UK+44 20 7674 7206 Email Natalie Mauro View profile
New York, NY, USA+1 212-801-7159 Email Keri Marmorek View profile
Chicago, IL, USA+1 416-777-6884 Email Evan Smith View profile