Our highly experienced construction and engineering team in London provides Lloyd's brokers with insurance and reinsurance underwriting capacity for all types of construction projects globally. We underwrite both single project and annually renewable business for owners, contractors and developers and can offer both proportional and excess of loss cover.
Projects where we have been the lead underwriter or have significant participation are, in the UK; the tallest building in Europe - The Shard; the largest UK private finance initiative healthcare project - the Royal London and St Bartholomew Hospitals, the Ratcliffe-on-Sour power plant environmental upgrade project.
- Annual covers
- Building risks of all types
- Power generation facilities
- Onshore chemical, oil & gas
- Metal industry
- Manufacturing plants
- Cement, ceramics & brick production
- Civil engineering projects
We are able to offer coverage on a variety of classes and products, including:
- Contractors all risks (CAR)
- Erection all risks (EAR)
- Primary third party liability written with CAR/EAR coverage
- Advanced loss of profits/delay in start-up written with CAR/EAR coverage
- Machinery breakdown
- Machinery loss of profits
- Contractors plant & equipment
- First year operational power following EAR coverage
Up to US $62,500,000 probable maximum loss (PML) or US $250,000,000 sum insured
Catastrophe (CAT) coverage
Various limits available worldwide
Construction Consortium at Lloyd's
As a member of the Construction Consortium at Lloyd's, we can offer capacity to lead risks on major projects of up to US $322,500,000 probable maximum loss (PML) or US $800,000,000 sum insured. To find out more, please contact us or visit constructionatlloyds.com.