Experience and innovation, combined with a focus on long term relationships, have enabled our reinsurance teams to work successfully with some of the world’s most sophisticated insurance businesses over three decades.
A good reinsurance relationship should be timeless. Among our current clients are companies that we first reinsured more than two decades ago. We invest time to understand our clients’ business goals and ambitions as well as their immediate reinsurance needs. This helps us to take a long term view of relationships whilst identifying and reinsuring top quality counter parties with strong underwriting disciplines; an intimate knowledge of their business; and effective management systems and underwriting controls. Our reinsurance treaty expertise encompasses a range of property and casualty classes along with life and personal accident; crop reinsurance; and Beazley Product Solutions, a part on our specialty treaty team, offering insurance companies an opportunity to broaden their product suites.
- We specialise in writing worldwide Property Catastrophe – per risk; aggregate excess of loss and pro-rata business.
- As business become more complex and new exposures and theories of liability emerge, the role of the specialised reinsurer becomes more relevant. We are a lead market for both proportional and non-proportional Specialist Casualty reinsurance business globally.
- Beazley supports Surety bond insurers in global economic development. We provide proportional and non-proportional reinsurance for both treaty and facultative transactions globally.
- Beazley Product Solutions is a market leader in delivering turnkey reinsurance solutions for our insurance company partners.
- In the Personal Accident market, our London based underwriters provide excess of loss, proportional treaty and facultative reinsurance for a wide array of specialist lines.
Our strategy is to manage our business within a long term context by identifying and reinsuring top quality counter parties. We look for clients with financial integrity; an intimate knowledge of their business; and the management systems and underwriting controls to ensure both their continued success and our long term profitability. We like to lead business as this enables us to apply our expertise in claims management and build stronger relationships with our clients.
Our claims managers are fully integrated within our underwriting team which provides for an efficient and professional service.
Our underwriters travel extensively to meet with clients and brokers as we believe this enables us to build relationships and gain an in-depth understanding of their business.
We underwrite personal accident in respect of excess of loss (risk or catastrophe), proportional treaty (quota share or surplus) and facultative.
We specialise in writing worldwide property catastrophe – per risk; aggregate excess of loss and pro-rata business – and casualty clash. In the casualty market, our specialty treaty team provides expertise and support to small and mid sized insurance companies, mutuals and risk retention groups.
Beazley Product Solutions
Growth and differentiation in today's market is tough and competitors are constantly looking for ways to lure away an insurer's best customers. Setting up the infrastructure to handle new coverages can be expensive and the rewards uncertain. Beazley Product Solutions provides turnkey solutions to seamlessly incorporate specialty products into an insurer’s offering. By collaborating with us, our carrier partners can offer customers tried and tested specialty products while mitigating the risks of entering new lines of business and fending off competitive threats.
In a liability marketplace dominated by big brand generalists, we believe that there is an opportunity for the specialist insurer with the capabilities to bring a tailored approach to a specific class, exposure or industry.