Beazley ECLIPSE® is a sophisticated but user-friendly environmental liability and cleanup insurance product and risk-management tool, which is designed to help you control both known and unknown pollution risks associated with transactional and fixed-site (covered location) operational hazards, and potential contamination exposures.
Beazley ECLIPSE®, in its base form, provides comprehensive coverage developed to help you mitigate damages and loss resulting from claims for bodily injury, property damage, cleanup and the destruction of natural resources due to pollution conditions on, at, under or migrating from a covered location.
- Covered location pollution liability - new and existing pollution conditions (bodily injury, property damage, cleanup costs, natural resource damage, claim expenses with first party discovery and/or third party coverage trigger)
- Transportation pollution liability (coverage for third party carriers and insured as carrier, and includes coverage for inbound and outbound waste, materials, goods or products)
- Non-owned disposal site pollution liability (blanket locations, both onsite and offsite coverage)
- Coverage for known pollution conditions disclosed in the application, subject to underwriting
- Coverage for pass-through contamination migrating to and/or through a covered location from an offsite source
- Defendants' reimbursement extension - up to $500 per day, subject to a maximum of $10,000 per claim
- Reputation management reimbursement - up to 50% of $100,000 to assist clients in managing their reputational risk after a loss
- Definition of bodily injury includes medical monitoring, mental anguish and emotional distress
- Definition of cleanup costs includes restoration costs and allows for participation in voluntary cleanup programs
- Civil fines and penalties, punitive and exemplary damages where insurable by law
- Definition of pollution condition includes medical infectious and pathological waste, low-level radioactive waste and material, Legionella and microbial matter (i.e., fungus or mold)
- Definition of property damage includes diminished value and natural resource damage
- Coverage for asbestos and lead-based paint in any soil, watercourse/body of water or in groundwater
- Coverage for scheduled, divested locations
- Automatic 90-day extended reporting period (ERP) and right to purchase additional ERP
- Primary coverage
- 90-day notice of cancellation
- Policy assignment with prior written consent
- Option for choice of law
- Pre-claims assistance
- Risk management services
Environmental liability coverage enhancements
- Institutional controls
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Underground storage tank(s)
- Evidence of financial responsibility
- Lead-based paint and asbestos (BI/PD and Cleanup)
- Business interruption and extra expense
- Loss of rental/tenant income
- Delay in construction costs
- Incidental contractor's pollution liability
- Aggregate retention subject to maintenance deductible
Beazley will consider risks ranging in size from single-site habitational, commercial and retail locations to scheduled portfolios of industrial, treatment/storage/disposal (TSD) and petroleum bulk storage facility locations.
Risks including but not limited to habitational, commercial, retail, agricultural, golf courses/resorts/recreation, warehousing and distribution, educational, healthcare, landfills, recycling, TSDs, transportation, rail yards, manufacturing, industrial, storage tanks, chemical, municipalities, Department of Defense and Department of Energy
Worldwide where permitted by applicable law
Up to US $25,000,000
Beazley ECLIPSE Equipo
Beazley ECLIPSE formularios
The descriptions contained on this website are for preliminary informational purposes only. In the US, the product may be available on an admitted basis in some but not all jurisdictions through Beazley Insurance Company, Inc. In other US jurisdictions, the product is underwritten by Beazley syndicates at Lloyd's and is available only on a surplus lines basis through licensed surplus lines brokers. The publication and delivery of the information contained herein is not intended as a solicitation for the purchase of insurance on any US risk.
Except where products are issued by Beazley Insurance Company, Inc., coverages are underwritten by Beazley syndicates at Lloyd's and will vary depending on individual country law requirements and may be unavailable in some countries. The exact coverage afforded by the products described herein is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of each policy issued.
Some coverages are made available through Beazley USA Services, Inc., which is a service company that is a part of the Beazley Group and has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's syndicates 623 and 2623 which are managed by Beazley Furlonge Limited. Beazley USA Services, Inc. is licensed and regulated by insurance regulatory authorities in the respective states of the US and transacts business in the State of California as Beazley Insurance Services (License#: 0G55497).