Recent years has seen dramatic changes in the media sector driven by advances in digital technologies and globalisation. In an increasingly complex and interdependent world, a holistic approach is required to reducing technology, media and cyber risks and dealing effectively with what happens when things go wrong.
We have designed a range of covers to precisely meet the needs of the media sector. This solution offers a seamless set of policies with professional indemnity at its heart along with our pioneering Beazley Breach Response product providing a full breach response service in the event of a data breach. The available package also extends to EL and PL, office combined package and D&O. There is no need to worry about gaps between different elements of cover as we have tailored these products to fit perfectly. Our specialist team has extensive experience in the media sector and, as you would expect from Beazley, we have created beautifully designed policy wordings with clear and concise language which is consistent across all the policies. And should the worst happen, clients can have peace of mind in the knowledge that they can call on our bespoke response and claims services.
Professional indemnity and cyber at the heart of the cover
Professional indemnity has long been a key requirement of the sector but times change and our cover also incorporates full cyber liability as standard. Key components of the cover include:
Broad civil liability cover including:
- Negligence and broad breach of contract cover.
- Intellectual property infringement including breach of copyright and trademark.
- Breach of confidentiality, right of privacy or publicity.
- Defamation including trade libel.
- Dishonesty of employees including for contractors that work exclusively for you.
- Information Security and Privacy Liability cover (cyber)
Basis of cover available:
- Any one claim with defence costs in addition.
- Up to £10,000,000 limit available.
- Worldwide jurisdiction.
- International capability in accordance with Lloyd's licences.
Industry specific extensions
A range of industry specific extensions are available including:
- Replacement costs for purchasing promotional material from an alternative supplier.
- Reimbursement cost for unused media space.
- Mitigation costs, allowing payment of the insureds' fees without resorting to a dispute with their client.
- Reasonable costs for an emergency correction of a mistake in marketing content.
- Public relations and crisis management expenses costs of appealing a court decision.
The following package covers can be seamlessly combined with the professional indemnity and cyber insurance: ·
- Beazley Breach Response comprehensive breach response service.
- Property buildings and contents. Plus property away from buildings; money; theft; and business interruption including loss of income and increased cost of working. Public and products liability.
- Employers liability.
- Directors and officers liability.
- Personal Accident
- Legal Expenses
A broad range of organisations in this sector can benefit from Beazley's specialist cover, including:
- Advertising agencies. Including full service agencies producing TV and film commercials.
- Web based / digital agencies. Including e-marketing, digital advertising.
- Design of websites, micro sites and digital content.
- Marketing agencies including direct mail/marketing and sales promotion.
- PR and communications agencies.
- Market research agencies.
- Ad servers.
- Influencer platforms.
- Event organisers.
- Post production and VFX houses.
Beazley Breach Response
Beazley has helped clients handle thousands of data breaches since the launch of Beazley Breach Response in 2009 and is the only insurer with a dedicated in-house team focusing exclusively on helping clients handle data breaches. The Beazley Breach Response Services team coordinates the expert forensic, legal, notification and credit monitoring services that clients need to satisfy all legal requirements and maintain customer confidence. In addition to coordinating a data breach response, BBR Services maintains and develops Beazley's suite of risk management services, designed to minimize the risk of a data breach occurring.