A relentless tide of opportunity (and risk)
Recent years have seen dramatic changes in the media sector driven by advances in digital technologies and globalisation. In an increasingly complex and interdependent world, a holistic approach is required to insuring technology, media and cyber risks effectively.
The nature of publishing has completely changed. In the past TV, radio, books, newspapers and magazines, dominated; now everyone can be a publisher.
We have designed a range of covers to precisely meet the needs of the publishing sector. This solution offers a seamless set of policies with media liability at its heart along with our pioneering Beazley Breach Response product providing a full breach response service in the event of a data breach. The available package also extends to EL and PL, office combined package and D&O.
There is no need to worry about gaps between different elements of cover as we have tailored these products to fit perfectly.
Our specialist team has extensive experience in the publisher sector and, as you would expect from Beazley, we have created beautifully designed policy wordings with
clear and concise language, which is consistent across all the policies. And should the worst happen, clients can have peace of mind in the knowledge that they can call on our bespoke response and claims services.
Libel & slander liability cover has long been a key requirement of the sector but times change and our cover also incorporates full cyber liability as standard, as well as breach of contract cover when there is a contract for services.
Key components of the cover include:
- Libel and slander
- Intellectual property infringement including breach of copyright and trademark
- Breach of confidentiality, right of privacy or publicity
- Defamation including trade libel
- Liability for the dishonesty of employees
- Information security and privacy liability cover (cyber)
- Breach of contract cover
Basis of cover available
- Up to £10,000,000 limit available
- Worldwide jurisdiction
- International capability in accordance with Lloyd’s licences.
Industry specific extensions
A range of extensions are included as standard, subject
to policy sub-limits:
- Public relations and crisis management expenses
- Thecosts of appealing a court decision
- Own losses from employee dishonesty
The following package covers can be seamlessly combined with the professional indemnity and cyber liability insurance:
- Beazley Breach Response comprehensive breach response service
- Property buildings and contents. Plus property away from buildings; money; theft; business interruption including loss of income and increased cost of working
- Public and products liability
- Employers liability
- Directors and officers liability
- Personal accident
- Legal expenses
A broad range of organisations in this sector can benefit from Beazley’s specialist cover, including:
- Publishing in any form: Books, magazines, newspapers, digital/web.
- Broadcasting in any form, including social media channels
- Blogging, vlogging, podcasting and social influencing.
- Content produced by any organisation including charities, non-profit organisations and companies and individuals.