Beazley is proud to partner with the Design Museum and to support the Beazley Designs of the Year.
As a specialist insurer we are well placed to understand the value of good design. We see first-hand the consequences when things go wrong and our products and services are expertly designed to help people and businesses when they most need help.
Beazley Designs of the Year brings together the very best examples of design over the last year from around the world across six categories: Architecture, Digital, Fashion, Graphics, Product and Transport. The judging panel selects a winner in each category along with the overall Beazley Design of the Year.
Shortlisted nomination are showcased at the Design Museum in an exhibition that opens in September.
Have your say
Now in its twelfth year, the annual celebration has previously seen nominations made solely by design industry experts.
This year members of the public were also given the opportunity to nominate their favorite design of the past twelve months.
The public nominations window has now closed. Visit the exhibition in September to see which designs have made the 2019 shortlist.
To find out more about the 2019 Beazley Designs of the Year, click here.
Last year's winners
On 15th November 2018, Counter Investigations by Forensic Architecture was named the overall winner of Beazley Designs of the Year 2018.
The winners of the six categories were as follows:
- Architecture category winner: Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa
- Digital category winner and overall winner: Counter Investigations: Forensic Architecture exhibition at Institute of Contemporary Arts, London
- Fashion category winner: Royal Ballet costumes for Christopher Wheeldon's production of Corybantic Games
- Graphics category winner: Trash Isles
- Product category winner: Paperfuge
- Transport category winner: Falcon Heavy
In addition, SurgiBox, an operating theatre that fits into a backpack, was named Beazley Designs of the Year People's Choice.
Hear more about the categories in this video: