What we offer
Insight into key opportunities and adversities of global digital health and wellness organizations.
Virtual Care is a fully modular policy that offers coverage modules for Medical Malpractice (PL,) General Liability, Products Completed Operations, Technology E&O, Technology Products and Full Media Liability. This holistic and flexible product also includes Data & Network Security, which includes privacy liability and First Party Coverages. Virtual Care is unique in that bodily injury is built into each separate module, and coverage is ala carte; you can add or remove modules as needed so you can tailor coverage for your digital health clients.
We also offer a range of optional product extensions including:
- Mitigation costs, abuse and harassment liability, cyber regulatory costs
- Claims due to loss of documents, reputational damage costs
How can we help
First offering it in 2009, Beazley is the pioneer of Virtual Care insurance. Since then, we’ve continued to evolve our offering with the changing market needs and landscape, to what it is today; a holistic solution that is easy to work with – just one policy – designed to provide integrated, tailored coverage for growing digital health businesses.
We have dedicated claims experts for each of the key areas of liability within Virtual Care including healthcare, technology and cyber to make handling a claim as smooth as possible. Whether you need to submit a claim or get in touch with an underwriter directly, we’re here to deliver the high level of service that our clients rely on and digital health businesses require.
Who we can help
Whether you're a healthcare professional who understands medical malpractice, but not cyber risk or a technology company that understands product liability, but not bodily injury -- Virtual Care coverage offers a modular approach to getting you the protection you need for this web of complex and interconnected risks.
- Telehealth/telemedicine – medical providers (doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, registered nurses; hospitals and other medical facilities; dentists and many other ancillary providers) that use technology to deliver virtual health consultations, including diagnosis, and treatment and care recommendations and pharmacy fulfilment.
- Digital Health/mHealth providers – technology companies focusing on wearables, apps and mobile technology to provide access to healthcare support and monitoring.
- Med tech – platforms, analytics, and software developers that make digital health possible.
- Lifestyle & wellness – individuals and businesses supporting lifestyle and wellness choices in a variety of spheres including exercise, diet, emotional, physical and mental wellbeing.
- Life science – telemedicine and telehealth companies providing remote monitoring of clinical trials, products or testing procedures.
Where Is This Offered?
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
- Incorrect or inadequate data capture and storage resulting in misdiagnosis, cyber attack or data privacy compromise
- Failure to intervene due to delayed or failed communication of information to clinicians
- Failure to diagnose due to incorrect interpretation and diagnosis of data – by a person or an algorithm
- Failure to treat based on flawed input data or technology, or product or professional failure
- Business interruption due to cyber incident or system failure
- Regulatory breach due to cross jurisdictional issues
- Inappropriate patient contact or relationship due to poor risk protocols
- Media liability due to a copyright or trademark infringement
The descriptions contained in this communication are for preliminary informational purposes and does not constitute an insurance policy. The coverages described are underwritten by underwriters at Lloyd’s of London issued through Beazley Canada Limited and may be unavailable or vary depending on applicable jurisdictional requirements. The exact coverage afforded by the product(s) described in this communication are subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of each policy as issued. The publication and dissemination of the information contained herein is not intended as a solicitation, negotiation, offer or advice relative to the purchase of insurance on any Canadian risk, and more particularly is not a solicitation, negotiation, offer or advice for the sale of insurance in Manitoba, Nunavut, the Yukon or Northwest Territories.