What we offer
Product recalls are ongoing and increasing in occurrence regardless of a company’s size or industry. No matter where a company resides in the supply chain, these exposures can pose a significant impact to a company’s balance sheet and reputation.
When a manufacturing error or recall incident occurs, our comprehensive coverage is designed to reimburse our insureds for the costs they incur to get their product out of the stream of commerce, replace it, as well as the expenses to protect their brand and mitigate the loss. In addition to the product replacement and brand reputation coverage, we also provide coverage to protect their profits as well as the damages incurred by a third party.
Beazley offers three products:
- Component parts – all component parts for any industries (incl. Automotive, aviation, medical devices etc.)
- Consumer goods – any finished non-food products
- Consumable products – all topical and ingestible products for human use or consumption
Key elements of our products:
- First party reimbursement policy (including third party damages)
- Claims made policy
- Worldwide coverage
- Limits as low as $50,000 & up to $5M
- No Minimum premium for limits up to a $1M
- $0 SIR options for small business
- Ability to tailor a policy to specific contracts or products
How can we help
We help clients protect their businesses and customers when product recalls and manufacturing errors occur. Brokers and policyholders benefit from our global expertise, efficient claims handling, best-in-class consultants by line of business, and experienced and innovative underwriting capabilities.
Beazley also provides clear and concise policy forms that provide greater clarity for clients, along with unique policy elements like the ability to write policies with no self-insured retention or double loss aggregates, and coverage for smaller businesses that other insurers overlook (i.e. government advisory as defined in the consumable products policy).
Who we can help
We have a broad risk appetite and can look at risks of any size and in a wide variety of industries. Below are some examples of the classes we can write.
- Automotive components
- Aviation/aerospace components
- General manufacturing & industrial components
- Home improvement products
- Medical device components
- Metal components
- Plastic & rubber components
- Textile components
- And many more
- After-market products
- Apparel & accessories
- Appliances & electronics
- Cleaning & janitorial supplies
- Furniture & home furnishings
- Medical devices & implants
- Paper goods
- Sporting goods & hobby products
- Tools & hardware
- And many more
- Nutraceuticals & pharmaceuticals
- Bakery & confectionary products
- Canned goods
- Cannabis, CBD & hemp products
- Dairy products
- Frozen food & ready-to eat-products
- Fruits & vegetables
- Meat, poultry, & seafood
- Sauces, dressings, & condiments
- Snacks, candy, & chocolate
- And many more
Where Is This Offered?
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
$275M snack bar manufacturer – Insured, who produced and packaged nutrition bars for its customer, discovered listeria on its production line requiring production to be shutdown for a week and the affected product to be destroyed. The insured was reimbursed $275,000 for the affected inventory, additional labor and overhead, and destruction costs.
Component Parts & Consumer Goods
$190M glass and plastic bottle manufacturer – Insured co-packer contracted with overseas firm to manufacture glass beverage bottles. When bottles were determined to be defective, Beazley assisted the insured in reaching a monetary settlement with the glass manufacturer and reimbursed the insured for the remaining product, freight and drayage costs totaling $792,000.