Small businesses within the life science industry face a variety of exposures and require a tailored insurance product designed to cater for their full lifecycle from research & development through to clinical trials and into product sales and professional services. Beazley offers a flexible, innovative and client-focused approach to underwriting this class of risk for the small medium enterprise (SME) sector.
A wide range of SMEs can benefit from Beazley’s specialist cover for life sciences, including for:
- Medical devices (non-invasive)
- Drug delivery systems
- Certain dental instruments and equipment
- Diagnostic kits (except those catering to public health concerns)
- General anaesthesia equipment
- Hospital equipment
- Pre-packaged sterile products
- Surgical equipment
- Rehabilitation equipment
- Hospital - surgical equipment
- Phase I and II clinical trials
- Medical device distributors
- Research and development companies
- Site Management Organisations (SMOs)
- Products liability
- Professional indemnity
- Public liability
- Medical malpractice
- Clinical trials – no-fault compensation & legal liability
- Claims made coverage.
Coverage for UK domiciled companies
A wide range of SMEs with an annual turnover of up to £10m can benefit from Beazley's Life Sciences for Small Business. For those organisations with an annual turnover of more than £10m, we would be pleased to discuss our Life Sciences product designed specifically for larger businesses.
Up to £5m any one claim
Up to £5m in the aggregate
Policies are written on our comprehensive life sciences insurance form and are available through either our Lloyd’s syndicate or “A-rated” European Insurance company, Beazley Insurance dac (designated activity company).