At the heart of any small business is the expertise that they provide in their particular specialism. However no matter how skilled they are things can occasionally go wrong and fall short of their clients expectations. With professional indemnity insurance at its core, Beazley has developed a package of protection tailored for the specific needs of small businesses. Delivered to you on the award winning myBeazley e-trading system.
Beazley's protection for small businesses starts with professional indemnity insurance.
Clients can then build a package around the professional indemnity cover choosing from a range of protections including our pioneering Beazley Breach Response; employment and public liability; office combined package; D&O and more.
Our policyholders also have access to valuable services to help their business to continue running smoothly, including website recovery, executive replacement and cyber breach response.
There is no need to worry about gaps between different elements of cover as we have tailored these products to fit perfectly. And, as you would expect from Beazley, we have created beautifully designed policy wordings.
Professional indemnity at the heart of the cover
Professional indemnity has long been a core requirement of many small businesses. Key components include:
Broad civil liability cover including:
- Negligence and broad breach of contract cover.
- Intellectual property infringement including breach of copyright and trademark.
- Breach of confidentiality, right of privacy or publicity.
- Defamation including trade libel.
- Dishonesty of employees including for contractors that work exclusively for you.
Basis of cover available:
- Any one claim with defence costs in addition.
- Up to £10,000,000 limit available.
- Worldwide jurisdiction.
- International capability in accordance with Lloyd's licences.
The following package covers can be seamlessly combined with the professional indemnity:
- Our pioneering Beazley Breach Response comprehensive cyber cover. Find out more
- Property buildings and contents. Plus property away from buildings; money; theft; and business interruption including loss of income and increased cost of working.
- Employers liability.
- Personal accident.
- Legal expenses.
- Public and products liability.
- Directors and officers liability.
- UK terrorism (excluding Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
Help when needed most
Keeping focussed on core activities is vital to the success of any small business. Distractions can have a severe impact financially and on lost opportunities. That is why, to keep them trading smoothly, our professional indemnity customers have access to website recovery and executive replacement included as standard.
In the event of their computer systems and websites being impacted due to a third party denial of service attack our professional indemnity customers have access to the DOS Technical Support Service, provided by DOSarrest Internet Security Ltd.
Should an accident occur that prevents a senior manager from acting in this essential capacity, Beazley will provide access to a service which will provide a £50K limit to fund the temporary appointment of a replacement as a standard part of our package offering.
Special cyber services for Beazley Breach Response clients
Beazley is unique among insurers in having a dedicated business unit, BBR Services, that focuses exclusively on helping clients manage data breaches successfully. Our team assists with the coordination of the expert forensic, legal, notification and credit monitoring services that clients need to satisfy all legal requirements and maintain customer confidence.
Professional indemnity team
Underwriter - International Management Liability
Focus Group Leader - International PE E-Trading
+44207 674 7769nick.mcgarey