Life sciences risks present a myriad of exposures in need of expertly crafted coverage. Beazley offers a flexible, innovative and client-focused approach to underwriting this class of risk.
Organisations operating in the life sciences arena face a unique risk landscape and need insurance protection that has been designed by experts for their specific needs.
The risks can come in many forms ranging from unsafe products causing bodily injury to negligence in clinical trials. The liability on those responsible when things go wrong can be significant and the challenges are growing with an increasingly litigious world, new regulation and greater dependency on technologies.
Beazley’s underwriters and claims team have a deep understanding of life sciences and have created a broad, flexible policy to meet the current and emerging needs of the sector.
A wide range of organisations can benefit from Beazley’s specialist cover for life sciences, including:
- Device manufacturers, contract manufacturers and distributors for:
- Surgical/medical equipment and supplies
- Non-implantable and implantable devices
- Genetic testing kits
- Dental and imaging devices
- Analytical instruments
- Contract research organisations
- Biotechnology & biologics
- Prescription & over the counter (OTC) injectables/ topicals and oral drugs
- Optical products
- Drug delivery
- Pharmaceutical support services
- Clinical trials including:
- Elderly – impaired capacity
- All phases
- Sponsors of clinical trials
- Clinical trial participant cover
- Pre-clinical research models
- Site management organisations
- Vaccines: live/killed viruses & DNA
- Testing laboratories
- Domestic veterinary drugs.
- Products liability
- Professional indemnity
- Public liability
- Clinical research services – negligent act, error or omission
- Medical malpractice
- Clinical trials – no-fault compensation & legal liability
- Claims made coverage.
Asia Pacific regions with a key focus on Singapore and Hong Kong.
Up to US $10,000,000 with higher capacities available on request.
Policies are written on our comprehensive life sciences insurance form and are available through our Lloyd’s syndicate.
Life Sciences team
Underwriter - Miscellaneous Medical & Life Sciences
Underwriter - International Life Sciences & Miscellaneous Medical