What we offer
A wide range of solutions are available for all your contingency needs:
- Event cancellation - major festivals, concerts, sporting events, conference & exhibition, trade shows, arts, theatre
- Non appearance - music tours, theatre, key speakers, confidential life and judicial delay
- Transmission cover for live virtual events – for event organizers if a transmission failure disrupts or cancels a live virtual event.
- WeatherGuard - pluvius, weather related sales promotions, cost containment, income stabilization
- Hurricane business interruption cover – for hurricane related business interruption due to non-physical damage
- Prize indemnity - probability games, games of skill, games of chance, over redemption
- Film production - film producers indemnity, property and cast buy backs
- Event liability - public liability and employers liability (excluding US market)
- Event cancellation - up to £11.5m/US$15m for standard events and up to £38.3m/US$50m for major events
- Political Violence Terrorism (PVT) - up to US$20M
How can we help
Our team of contingency underwriters based in London and the US are the most experienced in the market and have the knowledge and expertise gained over almost twenty years to advise brokers and their clients on assessing risk and designing the right coverage. Plus, we provide experienced and professional claims service, rapid adjustment of claims and an extensive network of advisors for clients.
For smaller events brokers can access this product via the myBeazley platform, which enables them to get a quote and bind this product at the touch of a button. Find out more.
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
- Our insured advised us of their concern related to an adverse weather forecast for their three-day music festival. We immediately appointed a loss adjuster who met with the insured on-site to work through alterations and suggestions to mitigate the impact of heavy rain during the event. On the third day of the event, the heavy rain turned into a lightning storm and the officials subsequently closed the event for public safety. With a plan and communication already in place, the insured was able to reduce their loss and we made a significant payment quickly for artists’ fees. This gave the insured confidence that their claim was covered, protect their relationship with the artists, and time to assess the remainder of their expenses.
- Our Prize Indemnity product helps customers add excitement to their events while also assisting with sales. A great example was when we provided coverage for a college basketball match for a halfcourt shot risk. A randomly selected member of the crowd was picked to shoot the basketball from the halfcourt line. He successfully did it and won US$250,000.
The descriptions contained in this broker factsheet are for preliminary informational purposes only. Coverages are underwritten by Beazley syndicates at Lloyd’s and will vary depending on individual country law requirements and may be unavailable in some countries. Coverages are available in the US only on a surplus lines basis through licensed surplus lines brokers. The exact coverage afforded by the product(s) described in this brochure are subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of each policy issued. The publication and delivery of the information contained herein is not intended as a solicitation for the purchase of insurance on any US risk.