What we offer
Wide range of solutions available for all contingency requirements:
- Event cancellation - major events, sports, trade shows, conference & exhibition, music festivals and concerts, theatre
- Cancellation Plus - hybrid product with all the cover afforded under our Event Cancellation product with a agreed-value sublimit for weather coverage
- Transmission cover for live virtual or hybrid events - event organizers if a transmission failure [disrupts or] cancels a virtual or hybrid event
- Non appearance - music tours, theatre, key speakers, death, disgrace, disablement
- Political violence and terrorism – perils included and available: terrorism, sabotage, invasion, etc.
- Weather - pluvius, sales promotions, cost containment, income stabilization written on admitted or non-admitted lines and hurricane non-physical damage BI on a non-admitted basis.
- Prize indemnity - probability games, mathematical and skill based promotions, games of chance, over redemption
- Event cancellation - up to $15 million for standard events and up to $50 million for major events
- Non appearance –up to $25 million
- Political Violence and Terrorism (PVT) - up to $25 million
- Weather – up to $15 million
- Prize Indemnity – up to $25 million
How can we help
We are a market leader in event insurance. Our team of contingency underwriters based in the US and London are the most experienced in the market and have the knowledge and expertise gained over almost twenty years to advise brokers and their clients on assessing complex risk and designing the right coverage with significant capacity available to write majority of risks 100%.
The extensive experience of our underwriters allows us to provide a “one stop shop” for your clients’ event insurance needs.
Additionally, we provide experienced and professional claims service, rapid adjustment of claims and an extensive network of advisors for clients.
For smaller events, brokers can also access our Event Cancellation product via the myBeazley platform, which enables them to get a quote and bind this product at the touch of a button. Find out more.
Who we can help
Our expertise in event cancellation insurance ranges from providing coverage for some of the world's largest conferences, exhibitions, festivals, music tours and sporting events to small scale events in local communities.
We work with a range of companies and organizations including:
- Event organizers
- Media companies
- Promotion agencies
Where Is This Offered?
Worldwide for US based clients
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
Our insured advised us of their concern related to an adverse weather forecast for their three-day music festival. We immediately appointed a loss adjuster who met with the insured on-site to work through alterations and suggestions to mitigate the impact of heavy rain during the event. On the third day of the event, the heavy rain turned into a lightning storm and the officials subsequently closed the event for public safety. With a plan and communication already in place, the insured was able to reduce their loss and we made a significant payment quickly for artists’ fees. This gave the insured confidence that their claim was covered, protected relationship with their artists, and provided time to assess the remainder of their expenses.
Our Prize Indemnity product helps customers add excitement to their events while also assisting with sales. A great example was when we provided coverage for a college basketball match for a halfcourt shot risk. A randomly selected member of the crowd was picked to shoot the basketball from the halfcourt line. He successfully did it and won US$250,000.
Your Beazley Team
Philadelphia, PA, USA+1 215-446-8464 Email Alexandra Sharps View profile
New York, NY+1 212-801-7230 Email Ryan McFadden View profile
Philadelphia, PA, USA+1 860-674-4626 Email Shub Dhakal View profile