What we offer
Protection for assets that are exposed to terrorist and politically motivated attacks, including:
- Terrorism & sabotage
- Riots, strikes, civil commotion, malicious damage
- Insurrection, revolution, rebellion
- Mutiny, coup d'etat, civil war, war, counter insurgency
- Nuclear, Chemical, Biological and Radiological coverage
Coverage includes material damage and subsequent business interruption following a physical damage trigger.
Up to US $200,000,000 any one risk for a period of up to 36 months (or 60 months for construction policies)
- Covers financial costs to a company against claims for damages by third parties or employees who are injured in a terrorist attack
- Extends to third party property damage
- Up to US $100,000,000 any one risk for a period of up to 36 months (or 60 months for construction policies)
How can we help
Beazley leads the market in creative insurance solutions for assets that are exposed to terrorist and politically motivated attacks. The current product portfolio responds to damage from risks such as terrorism, war or riots, and the use of nuclear and chemical biological devices, to assets ranging from pipelines to vaults and people to stock.
Who we can help
- Businesses of any size, from companies with global assets to companies with a single critical asset
- Personal property including contents
- Banks and lenders wanting security on loans
- Insurance companies with significant risk retention under e.g. TRIPRA.
Where Is This Offered?
Speak to your underwriter regarding territory eligibility
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
- As lead underwriter under a standalone terrorism policy, Beazley settled a claim in Latin America resulting from the detonation of explosive devices at our insured’s mining facility by a terrorist group. We immediately instructed a local adjuster to visit the site, to assist the insured in their investigation of the loss and to assess the damage. We were able to find an effective solution for the insured with regard to the indemnification for damaged assets which had already been replaced. Further, we commissioned a security consultant after the loss to assess vulnerabilities at the mine and to provide recommendations to the insured in relation to prevention of future attacks.
- A terrorist incident at a busy airport results in physical harm to people and damage to property. Although not directly affected by the attack, a nearby hotel experiences significant reduction in income as customers are either prevented from staying or choose to cancel their holiday. In these circumstances our Loss of Attraction policy can replace lost income helping the hotel weather the downturn in trade until visitor numbers return to normal levels.