Film production has come a long way from its origins in silent movies and flickering television sets. In today’s digital world, the content production industry spans the globe combining phenomenal creativity with cutting edge technology and major financial investment. However the risks faced by those producing films are wide ranging from cast members being unavailable and damage to property and media; to data loss and a range of liabilities.
Beazley has extensive experience in the media sector and has developed a range of policies to give those involved in production confidence that they have the protection they need to focus on what they do best - making movies.
Who we can insure
Our policies offer protection to a wide range of content producers, including those involved in:
- Feature films
- Stills photographic shoots
- Cast members. For example, being unavailable due to death, injury, sickness, bereavement or kidnapping
- Media. For example, faulty media, cameras, recording equipment, developing, editing or processing. Corruption of content held on digital media. Erasing of content and exposure of film to light
- Extra expense. For example, due to damage or breakdown of property, facilities or equipment
- Business interruption. For example, due to property damage and loss of utility services
- Employers’ Liability
- Public Liability
- Products Liability
- Death and disgrace
Beazley also offers an Errors & Omissions (E&O) policy specially designed for TV, film, webisodes and theatre producers. Click here to find out more.