- Third party liability coverage arising from liabilities incurred as a result of professional activities and duties undertaken by either a member of the contractor's own design team or by an entity appointed by the contractor.
- First party cover for the costs of rectifying defects in the construction works arising prior to completion of the project and from professional activities and duties undertaken by the Insured or any entity appointed by the insured.
- Standard coverage extensions
- Asbestos cover to GBP250k
- Criminal Defence Costs coverage to GBP250k
- Employee dishonesty coverage to GBP 250k
- Reputation costs coverage to GBP100k
- Loss of documents coverage to GBP250k.
- Clear and accessible ‘Beautifully Designed Insured’ policy language
- Duty to Warn coverage
- Defamation, libel & slander coverage
- Privacy coverage
- Infringement of third party intellectual property coverage.
- Coverage flexibility. Tailored endorsements to tailor forms for individual clients.
- Continuous coverage where the contractor renews with Beazley.
Appetite and target market
- We seek develop long term relationships with large and sophisticated contractors assuming professional liabilities – whether through an in house design function or by other entities working for the contractor.
- Annually renewable claims made policies covering all of a contractors’ operations
- We seek to write larger firms turning over in excess of GBP200m annually.
- All types of construction considered – general building, civil engineering, industrial, oil & gas, marine. Both as main contractor or specialist sub-contractor.
- We have an appetite to write firms domiciled anywhere in the world although our ContractorPro product is for North American contractors.
- Primary & Excess layer participation.
Maximum Line size: USD10m
Professional Liability for International Contractors team
Focus Group Leader - Profession PI
+44207 667 0570brenna.westinghouse
Underwriter - A&E and Construction E&O