There are over 5,500 hospitals in the US, and Beazley insures many of the best. These include over a quarter of Healthgrades' top hospitals in the US and eleven (out of 18) of the honor roll hospitals and seven (out of 10) of the pediatric honor roll hospitals as listed by US News and World Report.
We seek quality focused organizations that are skilled at managing their own risk and that wish to partner with an insurer who trusts them to do this, and who will cooperate rather than interfere.
Beazley policies provide broad coverage that includes:
- Full spectrum of hospital risks insured, from small community through to major tertiary urban teaching institutions
- Coverage for hospital professional, general and umbrella liability (including executive lines)
- Employed physicians and residents
- Non-employed physicians in certain instances
- Clinical trials
- Managed care liability
- Broad medical incident language (i.e. multi-claimant events)
- Aggregate retentions (subject to the application of a maintenance deductible).
We will pay these losses:
Subject to the terms and conditions of the actual policy, we will pay claims for:
- Damages awarded against the assured
- Defense costs and expenses
Up to US $20,000,000
Larger entities managing their own claims and seeking excess protection