The provision of healthcare has always carried risk. As medicine has advanced, expectations have risen and tolerance for risk has diminished. If something goes wrong, someone must be to blame.
At the same time, the complexity of modern medicine brings risks of its own. Often these have little to do with the mission of healthcare providers and caregivers. They derive from complex rules such as those regarding the handling of confidential information. If these risks are not well handled, they can prove enormously costly.
Beazley is an expert in the healthcare sector and has created a medical malpractice insurance package specifically designed for small businesses.
In addition to our medical malpractice cover, we are also able to consider cover for:
- Professional indemnity
- Public/General liability
- Products liability
- Loss of documents
- Breach of professional confidentiality
- Libel & slander
- Inquest costs
- Good Samaritan acts
- GMC/GDC investigation costs
- Cyber and data breach
- Reputational harm
- Business interruption
- Personal accident
A range of small businesses can benefit from Beazley's medical malpractice cover including:
- Complementary Medical Practitioners. For example acupuncturists, counsellors, homeopaths, hypnotherapists, masseurs and reflexologists.
- Corporate Health Providers. For example ambulance/ repatriation services, beauty salons, laser eye clinics, health and fitness/gyms, health screening/mobile units, medical centres and medical employment agencies.
- Medical Establishments. For example fertility clinics, cosmetic clinics, day care centres and nursing homes.
- Supplementary Medical Practitioners. For example audiologists, beauticians, paramedics, advanced paramedics, emergency medical technicians, first aiders, podiatrists, speech therapists, opticians, pharmacists/chemists, carers, clinical and physiologists.
- Registered Medical Practitioners. For example doctors, dentists, surgeons, nurses, advanced nurse practitioners and cosmetic practitioners.
- £10m (€12.86m) any one claim
- £10m (€12.86m) in the aggregate.
Medical Malpractice for Small Businesses team
Underwriter - International PE miscmed
020 7674 7063Lisa.Burrows
Underwriter - Healthcare
+44 207 674 7586katie.caris-harris
Focus Group Leader, International PE Healthcare
+44 (0) 207 674 7190nick.pearce