What we offer
Any small or medium sized business that relies on computers and technology to function is at risk of suffering a cyber-attack. This incident can affect the company’s ability to operate and its reputation. These businesses are particularly vulnerable as their IT security tends to be less sophisticated and they have fewer resources available to them to prepare, manage and recover from an incident.
We have designed our market leading Cyber Beazley Breach Response (BBR) solution to help businesses prepare, manage and recover from a cyber incident. Our insurance solution offers much more than just paying a claim should the worst happen.
Our service is broken down into 3 integral parts:
1. Pre-breach – we help clients to understand the cover, the risks and educate their employees about effective cyber security and risk management processes.
Our clients also benefit from:
- Port scans - setup to spot weaknesses in their IT security system
- Access to a portal of information on IT security
- Access to a network of vendors experienced in improving and handling cyber risk
2. Breach response – if a cyber incident occurs, our in-house Cyber Services Team will work side by side with our client until the incident is resolved.
3. Claims support - Our award winning cyber & tech claims team is at the forefront of defending clients against cyber incidents.
The type of protection that our coverage includes:
The types of services include:
- Computer forensics services
- Call center services
- Credit monitoring, identity monitoring for other personal fraud or loss prevention solutions
- Public relations and crisis management expenses
First Party: Your losses
- Business interruptions caused from a security breach or system failure
- Dependent business interruption loss from security breach or system failure
- Data recovery
Third Party: Your liability to others
- Media liability
- Regulatory defense and penalty costs
- Payment card liability and costs
- Third party information security and privacy coverage
- Social Engineering - a practice of contacting another person with the goal of transfer of funds to an imposter: the funds are transferred willingly by an honest employee being spoofed
- Funds transfer fraud
- Telephone fraud
Criminal Reward Coverage
Registered brokers can place our Cyber BBR Small Business Solution cover via the myBeazley platform.
How can we help
Helping SMEs manage cyber incidents swiftly and smoothly
We have years of experience and a long track record in providing cyber insurance. Our expertise includes helping tens of thousands of clients manage and get their business back on track following a cyber-attack or data breach. This means that we understand how overwhelming and shocking an incident can be, and it is why we created this market-leading, fully-fledged cyber cover to support businesses.
In the event of an incident our Cyber Services Team works alongside clients to investigate the source and take steps to resolve and prevent further spread of the incident. This is done via specialist service providers and vendor services.
The Cyber Services team will continue to collaborate with clients throughout the investigation and response process, to provide guidance and to arrange breach investigation and response services provided by our network of expert service providers.
Our team assigns a taskforce of experts to help manage the incident including:
- Supportive forensics team to get to the bottom of the threat
- Experienced lawyers to advise on and handle legal matters relating to the incident
- Notifications and call centers to update affected individuals
- Credit monitoring to pin down fraud and monitor other possible personal fraud
- Public Relations services to help clients protect the reputation of their business
Find out about our full range of cyber services here
Our cyber policyholders can benefit from discounted rates for anti-phishing tools and training, email security services and best practices, cyber risk analysis and other pre-breach services through our carefully selected vendors of cyber security experts.
We also pay for the associated costs through our critically acclaimed Claims Service to further support the handling of the aftermath of a cyber incident.
Who we can help
Organisations both large and small from a wide range of industries including:
- Consumer services
- Financial institutions
- Schools & educational institutions
- Construction services & contractors
- Healthcare institutions
- Entertainment services
- Lodging & Temporary Accommodation
- Bus & transit systems
- Home Improvement
- Funeral homes
- Museums, historical sites & other places of interest
- Real estate services
- Personal & laundry services
- Professions, associations & organizations
- Religious organizations
- Staffing/employment agencies
- Veterinary services
- Waste management services
Where Is This Offered?
United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico, Brazil and Australia
The Beazley Difference
Freedom lies in being bold. We dare to be different and seek bold possibilities to create more innovative, fair and satisfying outcomes for our clients, brokers and employees. From insuring the highest building in the world, to the first commercial lunar vehicle to operate on the moon - we boldly go where others won’t.
STRIVING FOR BETTER
Good is a start, but we go all-out for better. A driven community of individuals relentlessly push the needle and creating value. From launching the market’s first dedicated ESG syndicate to the establishment of our business unit focusing on designing digital insurance solutions, we pride ourselves on always going above and beyond. Simply put, at Beazley we go to 11.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
Acting with integrity in a straightforward, decent way is instinctive. Open and honest with others, we show respect and empathy however challenging the situation – demonstrated by our multi-award winning claims team. Doing the right thing makes for a fair-minded, rewarding environment and makes work and life better for all.
Examples or Scenarios
A school district was hit with ransomware and two of its servers were completely encrypted. Critical documents were rendered inaccessible. Cyber Services coordinated an engagement with forensics and legal counsel. Forensics was able to quickly identify the type of ransomware and determine its known capabilities. They were also able to find the decryption key for this particular strain of malware and use it to successfully restore all of the district's files.
A manufacturer employee's active directory account was compromised. The hacker used the employee's mailbox to send emails requesting a money transfer to some outside account. Cyber Services arranged for the manufacturer to work with panel counsel and forensic firm. The forensic firm determined that no personally identifiable information had been compromised and the law firm determined the manufacturer had no obligation to notify.